Based in Surrey, UK
Comes to Early Acceess:
Press / Business contact:
Not For Broadcast
Not For Broadcast is an immersive, narrative-driven propaganda sim set in the control room of a TV Studio in a 1980’s dystopia. Control what the people see and what they don't as the government tightens its grip. Will you censor the news and be rewarded, or fight for the truth and live with the consequences?
You only came in to clean the studio but now you’ve ended up at the helm of the National Nightly News as a radical government wins in a landslide. What could possibly go wrong?
But when every decision has dark consequences, will you fall in line and do as you’re told or fight back?
Take control of the shots. Pick the ads. Censor the language. You decide what the public get to see and what’s Not For Broadcast.
- Live Vision Mixing - Can you cope with the pressure of cutting four camera feeds live on air?
- Censorship - Are you quick enough to catch those forbidden words?
- Interference - Keep your eye on the console to keep that signal clean.
- Headlines - Take control of quirky news stories that develop as a result your choices. Will you help football legend Johnny Hamsleeves to fortune and glory or drive his career into the dirt?
- Live Music - Have you got what it takes to edit on the beat and still pick the most beautiful shots?
- Choices and Consequences - Make far-reaching choices in a rich dystopian world. Will you prop up an increasingly authoritarian state or risk it all to help a burgeoning resistance movement?
- Unique, Intimate Stories - Try to hold onto your crumbling family as your decisions change their lives and the world around you.
- Irreverent British Satire - The National Nightly News team will take you from laughter to dread in the course of a commercial break.
- Live Action Video - A huge cast of professional actors bring this twisted world to life. So immersive you'll believe your own fake news.
Not For Broadcast - PAX West 2019 Reveal Trailer YouTube
NotGames is a British game studio that opened its doors in 2013 to attempt to save the charity that brought us all together. Coming from a bizarre background of Film, TV, Theatre and Comedy, NotGames aren't your usual game developers. If you're asking, we'd like to call ourselves 'multi-talented all-rounders', while our former employers would probably say we're 'unfocussed and easily distracted'.
Exhausted after the runaway success of the cult-classic NotTheNameWeWanted and the subsequent still birth of NotCoD (we don't like to talk about it), we took some time out to contemplate our navels in a dark room.
In 2017, we decided to get the band back together, with NotGames 2.0 combining satire, social commentary and original gameplay into the dystopian wonderland of Not For Broadcast.
Founder, CEO, Level Design, Additional Writing
Founder, Director, Writer, Music
Founder, Director, Writer, Art
Founder, Director of Photography, Video, Art